Gelvenor Textiles

1534
South Africa
Cnr Anderson & Morewood Roads
Hammarsdale
KwaZulu-Natal
3700
Gelvenor Textiles logo

Technically Engineered Fabrics

GELVENOR TEXTILES was established in 1965 by Gelderman & Zonen and Grosvenor Holdings as a weaver and dyer of continuous filament lining fabrics. In 1967 the company started producing Nylon fabrics for the manufacture of parachute and other military fabrics, mainly for the South African Defence Force.

Textured polyester weaving started in 1968 and by 1970 Gelvenor was producing a wide range of industrial base fabrics for PVC coating, woven from high tenacity Polyester yarn. The late 1980’s and early 1990’s saw the transformation of the business away from commodity products to concentrate on fabric engineering and designing fabrics for specific niche market applications.

In July 1998 The Anglovaal Group sold Avtex and Gelvenor Textiles became part of the Courtheil Group owned by Mr Claas Daun.